Thursday, October 29, 2009

Men are like Food.


I found this while browsing on the internet (don't ask me how) but some lady wrote it and I think it's awesome.


(I found it here.)




Taste bad but good for you: This man is spinach, the food that doesn't taste very good but does wonders for your general health. The guy probably has some sort of appearance flaw or tic that makes attraction to him difficult, and you certainly don't crave time or attention from him. But deep down, you know that those things set aside, he's a decent guy who would listen to and care for you.


Taste bad and bad for you: This man is really sugary candy. I don't like the way it tastes, I don't like the way I feel when I eat it, and I can't find it in classy establishments. Yet sometimes when it's there, I find myself mindlessly eating it because there's nothing else to eat and I'm bored. Then I feel even worse and want to barf. Same with the guy; when I'm running low on self-esteem, and it's been a dry period or something, his jerk/psycho/creeper face walks in with a sleazy line and I might be bored or drunk enough to fall for it. Then I feel really terrible the next day, or even in the next 15 minutes.


Tastes good but bad for you: This man is boxed wine. I find it delicious, I feel good when I'm drinking it, and there's something fun about the trashiness of drinking something cheap. Yet deep down I know I deserve a good bottle of red that doesn't give me such a headache. This guy is probably very attractive, but wrong for you emotionally, or ideologically. It's fun while it lasts, and part of that fun and flutter in your heartbeat is the fear he's going to hurt you (like he probably has in the past). In the end you hope you can do better.


Good and good for you: This man is a granola bar. It tastes good, and it's good for you. It might not bring you to that silly high you get from boxed wine, but you know you're going to have every nutrient you need and you'll generally feel good all day if you have one. This man is a good balance of fun and security, and you feel good about yourself when you're with him. Because he is a good person you want to be good, too.








Usually I attract Men that are sugary candy & boxed wine! and not that I'm just attracting them, I'm also attracted to them. BUT luckily I have found my granola bar ... except I hate granola bars so I'm going to call him my orange juice :)

2 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Orange juice it is! Haha, loved it!

Kelsey Bingham said...

Well orange juice is good!! :)