Monday, December 28, 2009

Sacrament mess-up & saying goodbyes

So, It was my guy bff's farwell yesterday and I'm sitting there by myself thinking about Christ while the sacrament is being passed out, and all of a sudden I'm watching this red headed boy with a green clip on bow for a tie walk up to give his sacrament tray to an old couple. just as he's going over to hand it to the old man, the old man's hand slips and knocks the tray with the little cups of water allllll over the ground! I laughed really hard to myself because I've always wanted to see something like that happen. It was especially funny because since it was a farewell and somebody's homecoming on the same day, there were a ton of people. and since there was a ton of people they ran out of water cups and the boys were scrambling around not knowing what to do! Until eventually they blessed more water.


He had an open house that night and it brought back memories of my other bff's farewell and when I had to say goodbye to him. Which is crazy because that was 4 months ago! I have such mixed emotions of missions. I love them, I think they are the best things that 19 year old boys should do in their lives and I think it makes them grow up exponentially. But at the same time I feel like it's been so hard on me and us girls that are this age. I just keep losing these guy friends that were the best people talk to and they leave and I don't have that anymore. Not only that but after they all leave it's like an unspoken rule that you automatically have to start dating and making friends with the older guys. And then marriage comes in the picture and there is so much stress on dating and trying to find an eternal companion. but what if I don't find an eternal companion by the time I'm 21 and then the boys that get back from their missions start dating younger girls. Will I not ever get married then? Ugh. I hate thinking about all this stuff.



Anyways, I say goodbye to him today and then there is only one boy left to leave! I wish I could know where I would be in 2 years to see if I would still be here when they got back and hang out with them every day like it used to be. but 2 years is a long time, and I guess I will just have to see what happens

1 comment:

Camille Elise said...

maybe you could make the font larger...it's hard on these old eyes to read.

And I totally hear ya on the "having to make new friends with older guys thing". it's totally annoying.