Thursday, April 7, 2011

goodbye walgreens, hello walmart.

I love getting my pictures printed out. I keep a shoebox under my bed full of pictures, because I love the solidity of a picture instead of just seeing it on my phone or computer. anyways I always send them online through walgreens and have them printed off so that I can go and pick them up! Well I get there and the lady pulls out my envelope and this is how the conversation went.




Walgreens lady: Oh.....sorry it says copyright on the receipt.
Me: copyright? what do you mean.
WL: well, some of these pictures are protected somehow and have a copyright. 
Me: I still don't get what you are saying.
WL: In order for you to buy these we need to see the negatives.
Me: (WHAT THE #*&#$%^#*@&@*#*&) I don't get it.
 (seriously, I couldn't buy my own pictures?)
WL: Look, one or more of these pictures have a copyright on them so you can't buy them. If you bought them it would be like you stole someone else's property.
Me: Look lady. These pictures were either taken on my phone, my friends phone or on my friends camera. There is no way that I could get negatives for them because one, pictures on phones don't have negatives? and two.....what? negatives are from super expensive cameras or old disposable ones...and I own neither.
WL: well.....they have a copyright.
Me: That's not possible.
WL: ......[starts flipping through my pictures].
Me:.....[I am now pissed that she is flipping through my pictures. isn't that an invasion of privacy???]
WL: [shrugs her shoulders] what would you like me to do?
Me: [I give her a really mean glare.] If I can't buy them, then just throw them away. STUPID. 
[I then storm out of the store]




Walmart would never do this to me. Sorry Walgreens you lost me as a customer...forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what the crap? that lady is crazy! she must've made a mistake because theres no way there would be a copyright on pictures like that. but can i just say i love your sas? hahahah miss you clean!