Saturday, May 22, 2010

all things wedding.

so I guess I lied. I'M BACK.
but only because I found myself with a ton of things that I feel like need to be discussed. such as weddings.
No i'm not getting married. but my friend got married. and here is my question.

  • Is it ok for a friend to miss a friend's wedding/reception/her big day to go through a temple open house since the said 'friend' has never been?
I hope all my friends read this because I'm a little tired of them all being brats about it. It's already happened. get over it.

Here is my view: if any of my friends wanted to go through a temple open house on the day that I was getting married, I would be A-OK with it. seriously. and reading this you  may think - "no that's only because you wouldn't want to look like a hypocrite if you were mad if that situation really did happen."

No. guess what? I could care less. my wedding day is going to be about my husband and my family. and not that my friends aren't important, but they are going to come third to those two other things that are the most important things for a celestial exaltation.

I think I covered that question good enough right? now here is the second question I have.

  • Is it ok for a girl to go wedding dress shopping or even buy a wedding dress (while she either is dating someone or not dating someone) for her future wedding? whenever that may be?

I have nothing on this one. but here was what my mom had to say when I brought it up....

me: we should go wedding dress shopping just for fun
my mom: uh oh.
me: just for fun!!
my  mom: well wherever we went they would want to know when the wedding is
me: Nic said that her aunt bought her dress while she was dating someone
my mom: probably they had at least talked about marriage
me: omg forget it.
my mom: no offense but maybe you should watch He's Just Not That Into You again
me: rude mom.

2 comments:

Camille Elise said...

i like reading your posts. don't leave me in the blog world all alone

nicole said...

i dont think my aunt had talked about marriage yet but thats my family in a nutshell..... all i know is i will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO PISSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEDDDDDDD if you miss my wedding to do something gay!!! haha i love your mom she cracks me up. i dont think you should go wedding dress shopping but if you find a dress thats perfect for you get it!!!!