Monday, February 20, 2012

I'm engaged.


The big news I was talking about earlier is now here! I am engaged. This weekend has been so great with Paul being here and hanging out with his family at the Scottsdale horse show.


It's been so much fun spending time with him and his family this weekend and learning about something that they are so passionate about. They joke that now that I'm in their family I've gained a bunch more siblings (the horses). I got to feed their female horse (Karnival of Roses, the one in the picture) a peppermint stick straight out of my hand! I hope Paul and I will get to see more shows that they go in after we get married.


Oh back to my real reason why I posted, I'm getting married! Our date is July 12th, but I wish it could be sooner. Paul will be doing an internship in May and June in France, so being the realistic people we are, we decided that after the internship would be the best time to get married. I'm excited that it's in July though, we met the first week of July last year and I always have told myself that whenever I got married I would want to know the guy for at least a year. Paul and I will have known each other a year and a few days by the time we get married. 


I got to pick out my ring and it's pretty, perfect, simple and gorgeous. I couldn't have found a better ring and I love it.


Only 3 and a half weeks until I get to see my fiance again.....what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

2 comments:

Amber Fillerup said...

yay so exciting for you colleen!!! you will be a gorgeous bride! xoxo

kelsey ann said...

SO EXCITED CLEAN! i need dets on the engagement happenings :)