Thursday, March 25, 2010

She is awesome.


There is this girl that I've been best friends with since the 3rd grade. and her name is Melissa Standage. She has been doing some awesome baking, as well as just started her own little baking blog called called cupcakeinheels.blogspot.com


If you go to her blog you will be like whoa, something looks familiar. and if you look closely on her cupcakes you will see sour patch kids candy in the middles of them. and then look at mine and see sour patch candy at the top and  if you didnt think we were really best friends before, well you for sure know now!

so anyways, this post is dedicated to her. we were talking about it the other day and we used to be sooo creative when we were younger. Now pretty much she is the only creative one, with me having tiny bursts of creativity in random moments. 

When we were little, we would find little leftover bottles of perfume or lotion that were empty and make our own little concoctions.
We would put together all the good smelling lotions or sprays to create our own [unique] scent. At one time we tried to even dry roses to get some rose juice into our perfume. What we were thinking? I have no idea. Cause when we came to gather the rose juice all we would find was this-

a Dried DEAD Rose.

Another thing that we would do was make soaps and candles. I think it was more Melissa that did this stuff because I would never be there when she did them but when I got to her house she would say "look at our soaps!". but I never helped her make any soaps......




ok so maybe I got a little carried away when I was looking at pictures of homemade soaps. but don't these last two look awesome? I kind of want to start making them now that they can turn out looking this amazing! I will look into it.

Anyways, now that Melissa has started off her baking blog, I'm hoping that she can tackle cupcake pops and cupcake bites now that she has conquered cake bites! this is what they look like.






aren't these the cutest little baked goods you have ever seen!
She gets home in about a month so maybe her and I will attempt these things together if she doesn't do it already without me.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Colleen Roselle Beaty is the greatest!
Ha ha I was laughing so hard I was crying when I read this and remembered all the things we used to do. I think at least once we did do either soaps or candles together. Remember those scented flowers we always wanted to make? But never did?
I love youuu!