Thursday, February 25, 2010

time flies.

 
so my bff Chad will have been out on his mission for 6 months in approximately one week. Therefore he will be 1/4 of the way done. Which also means he only has 18 fast Sundays left. It's so so crazy to think about when I can almost remember him being set apart and saying goodbye ...as if it were just this past week. but thank goodness its not. so time has been flying. maybe Heavenly Father is answering my prayers too. (I asked Him to speed up time so I could have my bff back) haha that sounds so silly. especially cause I'm serious! 

My guy friend that just left to the St. Petersburg, Russia mission said to me...."I think I've figured out why we think time flies by so much faster as we get older. Cause think about it, when we were 10 years old we had only had ten years of our life done. When we are 20 we will only have had 20 years of our life done but as we keep getting older and older time keeps getting faster because our life is stretching and we are aging and adding on years. So these two years when we serve a mission from 19-21 is only 10% of our lives. But when we hit fifty, two years out of our lives will only be 4% of our lives. So when we were ten, a day to us is like a week to us when we're 20. Get it?"

My missionary bffs are so smart. I miss them every single day and I cannot wait until the days when I can see them again:)

2 comments:

Book Nerd said...

I stumbled across your blog by accident. Loved your bucket list. I am a diehard Lost fan as well. I can't wait to see what Richard's backstory is all about.

Allison said...

Sigh, I know what it's like waiting- but it's gonna be so worth it when everything comes together!